The 8th West Oxfordshire Business Awards 2018 WOBA winners were announced at a ceremony which took place at Heythrop Park Resort. The West Oxfordshire Business Awards (WOBAs) fly the flag for business and entrepreneurship in West Oxfordshire, a district that punches well above its weight for the local economy.
The WOBAs celebrate and connect over 8,000 businesses in the area and give large and small businesses the opportunity to gain local recognition and shout about their work. Once again students of Abingdon & Witney College competed to design the West Oxfordshire Business of the Year Award, which made wood by Synolos in Witney.
Audley Travel, a bespoke travel company started-up with money raised from a small car loan combined with its founder’s unrivalled passion for Vietnam, was named the STL Communications West Oxfordshire Business of the Year 2018. WOBA judges said the company deserved recognition for its strong and flexible leadership, impressive business growth and for becoming a major employer in West Oxfordshire with over 300 staff at its head office in Witney with a further 400 employees split between London and Boston offices.
- Read an interview on leadership with Audley Travel’s founder Craig Burkinshaw in Business & Innovation Magazine’s May 2018 issue in the magazine’s brand new Leadership feature.
Robert Courts, MP for Witney, said: “Massive congratulations to all of this year’s winners and finalists. I am immensely proud to represent such a thriving, vibrant area and will always champion our superb local businesses.”
- Huffkins Hospitality, Leisure & Tourism Award – Manor Cottages
- NFU Mutual Retail Award – Sassi
- The Rooflight Company Charity Award – Volunteer Link-up
- First Sight Media Marketing Excellence Award – The Shake Shop
- Owen Mumford Innovation Award – Safety Services UK
- The MGroup Employer of the Year Award – Aston & James
- Blenheim Palace New Business Award – Tickittyshake
- Witney BIC Micro Business Award – Push Start Marketing
- NatWest Small Business Award – Panoramic Journeys
- Sandler Training Large Business Award – Audley Travel
- Wise Investment Business Person of the Year Award – Sheena Marsh of Oxford Garden Design
- Cally Robson Award – Hunter’s Cake Café
- STL Communications West Oxfordshire Business of the Year – Audley Travel