University of Gloucestershire kicking off higher and degree apprenticeships in September 2020

Promotional Business Feature: University of Gloucestershire
UOG promo article Aug

The University of Gloucestershire will be kicking off 12 higher and degree apprenticeships in September 2020, and there is still time for businesses to get on board.

Programmes set to get underway include the new Digital Marketer Degree Apprenticeship. Through this ground-breaking programme, learners will be able to achieve an honours degree from the University of Gloucestershire whilst simultaneously transforming their employer’s approach to digital marketing with the very latest industry best practise.

September also sees the return of a number of well-established degree apprenticeship programmes, including the Senior Leader Master’s Degree Apprenticeship. This postgraduate level apprenticeship incorporates a prestigious MBA and Chartered Manager status.

The University has seen an uptake in applications, due in part to the Coronavirus pandemic.  As Dr Polly Pick, Director of Business Engagement and Partnerships explains:” Over the past few months we’ve been hearing from lots of businesses who are looking to add different skills to their workforce.

This might be because they have recognised that they need to operate their business differently as a direct result of the pandemic – for example, some businesses are looking to use our Digital Marketer Degree Apprenticeship to improve their online presence.

In other cases, employers are looking to upskill their existing staff in order to add resilience, or put themselves in a position where they are able to maximise any opportunities that will emerge as the recovery gets underway. Investing in leadership is key to achieving financial growth, and this is an area where our Senior Leader Master’s Degree Apprenticeship really comes into its own.

I am also delighted they many of our new signups have come from employers we already work with. This repeat business is a testament to the value that our programmes offer to both learners and employer’s alike.”

The apprenticeships set to begin in September are:

  • Working with children, young people and families (level 4 higher apprenticeship)
  • Nursing associate (level 5 higher apprenticeship)
  • Cyber security (level 6 degree apprenticeship)
  • Digital marketer (level 6 degree apprenticeship)
  • Registered nurse – adult nursing pathway (level 6 degree apprenticeship)
  • Registered nurse – mental health nursing pathway (level 6 degree apprenticeship)
  • Registered nurse – working with people with learning disabilities pathway (level 6 degree apprenticeship)
  • Manufacturing engineer (level 6 degree apprenticeship)
  • Control / technical support engineer (level 6 degree apprenticeship)
  • Social work (level 6 degree apprenticeship)
  • Senior leader master’s degree apprenticeship (Level 7 master’s degree apprenticeship)
  • Academic professional (level 7 master’s degree apprenticeship)

Entry requirements for all apprenticeships are agreed with employers but apprentices must be working full-time (e.g. employed for at least 30 hours per week) in a relevant job role. Larger employers paying the Apprenticeship Levy are able to fund apprenticeships through their digital account.  Non-levy paying organisations only pay 5% of the fees, with government funding available to pay the remaining 95%.

To find out more if you are an employer, please email apprenticeships@glos.ac.uk

To find out more about these apprenticeship programmes, visit glos.ac.uk/apprenticeships

Twitter @uniofglos

 

Uni of Glos logo

UOG email