The United Kingdom Science Park Association (UKSPA), the national body which advises on the planning, development and creation of science parks and other locations to support high growth, knowledge-based organisations, is hosting a major conference at Culham Science Centre near Abingdon 7th – 8th November.
The event will be an ideal opportunity to follow up on the themes from the recent UKSPA National Conference as well as the latest innovation, trends and opportunities on a regional and national basis. The conference will look at future trends and opportunities for collaboration and partnerships, soft landing strategies, scale up’s and business growth and much more. It will provide an opportunity to catch up on the changes taking place in the sector, consider recent developments, both nationally and internationally and discuss the opportunities that these offer.
As always, UKSPA events provide a mix of strategic discussions and the sharing of good practice in operating, developing and sustaining innovation locations and their occupiers.
The conference will also provide networking opportunities for UKSPA members and those with an interest in the development and growth of the UK innovation and technology sector.
The full programme will be available in mid-August but will include sessions on:
- Culham, the Oxfordshire cluster and beyond
- Discussion/panel sessions on the Knowledge Economy
- Dedicated session streams on: Building successful innovative companies and Environment for innovation
- Learning from Oxford including the Oxford-Cambridge ARC and the Oxfordshire Trailblazer project
Thursday 7 November 2019
To assist with transport, key timings are expected to be as follows:
Shuttle minibus from Didcot Parkway station to Culham Science Centre between 10:00 and 12:30
- Registration opens at 11:15
- Study tours planned for 11:30 – 12:30
- Lunch available from 12:30 – 13:15
- Sessions begin at 13:15 until 17:00
- Evening reception/Conference Dinner at Hilton Garden Inn, Abingdon – from 19:30
Coach to Hilton Garden Inn, central Abingdon at 17:15.
Friday 8 November 2019
- Coach from Hilton Garden Inn, Abingdon at 09:00
- Sessions begin at Culham Science Centre at 09:30
- Lunch at 13:30 with optional study tours at 14:00
- Shuttle minibus to Didcot Parkway between 13:30 and 15:30
Culham Science Centre
D5 Culham Science Centre
For directions to the Evening Reception Visit: Hilton Garden Inn, Abingdon OX14 1TZ – 01235 553456
For event bookings and registration please click here
To discuss exhibiting and sponsorship opportunities please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details please go to www.ukspa.org.uk/culham
Follow us @UKSPA