13 MPs in the South West are partnering with the Department for International Trade (DIT) in the recently launched Parliamentary Export Programme, to help local businesses access the support they need to boost their exporting potential.
The MPs are leading a drive to bring government support to more local firms to help them take advantage of export opportunities and to tap into demand for British products from overseas.
The first set of virtual 60-minute events take place on Thursday 28th January for businesses in Stroud and the Cotswolds, and on Friday 29th January for businesses in Gloucester.
Paul Shand, Head of Trade for DIT in the South West said: “These events are a great opportunity for businesses to receive expert guidance on expanding their business internationally from Export Champions including Robert Welch Designs, Tudor Rose International and Stewart Golf, while taking advantage of the new Free Trade Agreements across the world.
“Trade is key for economic growth and DIT is helping businesses seize a world of opportunity. Whether a business is new to exporting, has exported in the past or is a current exporter seeking further guidance, participating in the programme will equip them with the support and tools they need to begin or continue their exporting journey.”
To register for these events and others being chaired and organised by your MP in the South West, please visit: https://www.events.great.gov.uk/ehome/index.php?eventid=200217052&
South West events include:
- Bristol North West – hosted by Darren Jones MP – Friday 26th February 14:00-15:00
- Cotswolds – hosted by Sir Geoffrey Clifton-Brown MP – Thursday 28th January 14:00-15:00
- Gloucester – hosted by Richard Graham MP – Friday 29th January 12:00-13:00
- North Wiltshire – hosted by James Gray MP – Friday 5th February 12:00-13:00
- Stroud – hosted by Siobhan Baillie MP – Thursday 28th January 12:00-13:00