And it’s OPEN!
John Lewis & Partners Cheltenham officially opened to customers. Branch Manager, Martin Bundy, led a countdown to the moment as eager customers queued up outside the front doors.
The first customer in the queue, Cheltenham local, Reg Lee, 49, was given a bottle of champagne and a bouquet of flowers by Branch Manager, Martin Bundy. Reg said: “I got here at 7:30am this morning – I’ve never been to a shop opening before and this one is the talk of the town! There is a handbag I’ve got my eye on for my wife.”
The first item was sold at 10:06am; a L’Occitane soap, costing £5.50 from the beauty hall.
Martin Bundy, Partner and Branch Manager, John Lewis & Partners Cheltenham said: “Today marks a really special occasion for my Partners and I here at John Lewis & Partners Cheltenham. So much hard work has gone into creating this stunning new shop and I now can’t wait to bring it all to life.
I know that my brilliant team of Partners are so excited to finally be welcoming our customers through the doors and and will be on hand to show them all that John Lewis & Partners Cheltenham has to offer.”
Set over two floors, John Lewis Cheltenham offers a wide range of services and experiences , alongside fashion, beauty, home, electricals and technology:
On the ground floor customers can find the beauty hall, &Beauty Nail and Brow bar, Experience Desk, Style Studio, womenswear, Bureau de Change, Discovery Room, haberdashery, children’s wear, nursery advice, customer collection point and menswear.
On the first floor customers can find home and electricals, the Home Design Studio, the Place to Eat cafe, Huffkins, lighting & the Christmas assortment.
John Lewis & Partners has also revealed three brand new experiences for customers to enjoy exclusively at its new shop in Cheltenham. The three new experiences will offer the ultimate in bespoke shopping.
- Previously the reserve of exclusive boutiques for the famous few, John Lewis Cheltenham is bringing the exclusivity of after-hours shopping to the high street with the retailer’s first ever Private Shopping experience.
- Customers can book out the whole shop and have exclusive use after-hours, with an expert team of John Lewis Partners on hand to create the ultimate bespoke shopping experience.
- The service is available for both individuals and groups, and customers can curate whatever shopping trip they like, whether it’s a special shopping party for a big group of friends and family or one customer wishing to have exclusive use of the shop to design and furnish their home.
- The service carries a minimum spend of £10,000, bookable in advance.
‘The Shopping List’
- The Shopping List is John Lewis’s first ever foray into a full service personal shopping experience.
- Customers simply book an appointment, bring along a list of what they’re looking for – whether that’s specific items or a more general ‘to buy for’ list – and their very own John Lewis Partner will do the rest.
- Customers can choose from having personal expert assistance and advice whilst they shop, or kicking back with a glass of fizz whilst their John Lewis Partner does all the hard work for them.
- The service is free of charge with no minimum spend.
‘Get My Gifts’
- With only two months to go until Christmas, Get My Gifts is the ultimate Christmas gifting service, providing a helping hand to those who want to find special gifts for their friends and family.
- Customers can book their very own John Lewis Gift Guru who, with their expert product knowledge and extraordinary service, will help customers tick off their Christmas Gift list, whether it’s finding the perfect gift for a loved one, a hard-to-buy-for office Secret Santa or filling the whole family’s stockings.
- The service is free of charge with no minimum spend – and can be used all the way up to 5pm on Christmas Eve for last minute shoppers!
All three services will be exclusively trialled at John Lewis & Partners Cheltenham and can be booked in advance at the shop’s Experience Desk.
- The shop will also feature John Lewis’s biggest Style Studio to date, with four personal styling lounges where customers can enjoy a one on one or group style consultation.
- Following the growing popularity of men’s personal styling, the shop will also be home to John Lewis’s first ever Men’s Personal Styling Lounge.
Peter Cross, Partner and Director, Customer Experience said: ‘In an age of rapidly changing shopping habits there can be nothing more special than your own personal shopper. Previously the reserve of exclusive boutiques for the famous few, this Autumn in Cheltenham, with the help of our army of expertly trained Partners, we are bringing the intimacy, luxury and magic of personal shopping to the high street.’