We are hiring – be part of something great
About the role… Underneath the natural and historic beauty of the Cotswolds lies a technologically advanced economy with awarding winning businesses. Based in the Roman town of Cirencester, and the heart of the Cotswolds, you will be working collaboratively with a network of key partners, business leaders and organisations from across the district.
Cotswold District Council is looking to appoint to this new position and is committed to the recovery and regeneration of the local economy. It has identified opportunities to build on existing strengths around high value, high tech, digital and the green economy. There are key opportunities for growth around strategic sites, key businesses and town centre regeneration.
You will need…
- energy, imagination and great listening skills to make a real difference as part of the business community
- an in-depth understanding of wider financial cycles
- an ability to build enduring relationships with local businesses and business organisations
- to be a proactive and resourceful individual who can draw on a wealth of business experience to support local businesses
- to be successful in securing inward investment to realise latent business potential and help deliver the Council’s commercialisation strategy
For more information about this role please see the Job Description/Person Specification.
If you would like an informal discussion about this role, please contact
James Brain, James.Brain@publicagroup.uk 01285 623549
or Philippa Lowe, Philippa.Lowe@publicagroup.uk 01285 623515
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
- Use of a car for work purposes
- Closing date for CV’s: Sunday 24th May 2020 (midnight)
- Interview Date: w/c 25th May via Video Conference
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE HERE: If you feel this is the role for you please email your CV and supporting statement detailing how you meet the criteria above by clicking here: Apply for this Position
Your application will not be considered if you have not provided a supporting statement, in addition to your CV.
Please note that if you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date shown on the advert, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies – Please state this within your covering statement or in a separate email.
Safer recruitment practices are applied to all job vacancies. Successful candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment medical questionnaire; provide references; proof of identity; nationality and immigration status; three years’ employment or education history (if applicable) and, in some cases, verification of criminal record.