Independent pizzeria Birtelli’s have created a gourmet make-your-own pizza kit which is now available for delivery nationwide. Delivered fresh to your door, in environmentally-friendly packaging, Birtelli’s pizza kits give you the chance to craft your own stone-baked Birtelli’s pizza at home, using the same restaurant-quality dough, and premium British ingredients used by the chefs on site. With people across the UK spending more time indoors, but still craving the restaurant experience, Birtelli’s pizza kits make for an interactive, restaurant-calibre dining experience in the comfort of your home.
Based in Royal Leamington Spa, in Warwickshire, the family-run pizzeria boasts Michelin Starred chef Paul Foster (Salt) as its Executive Chef, and prides itself on the quality and provenance of its ingredients. All Birtelli’s pizza ingredients are carefully selected by Paul and the team, using their network of award winning farms and producers across the UK to bring the best ingredients possible directly from farm to slice.
From incredibly creamy fiore di latte mozzarella produced by award-winning Yester Farm Dairies in East Lothian, to traditionally cured ham and salami from the esteemed Wenlock Edge Farm in Shropshire, award-winning Ticklemore Goats cheese from Sharpham Estate in Devonshire, and Biggleswade chillies grown by Italian Salvatore Genovese in the greenhouse at his family farm in Bedfordshire. Birtelli’s have also partnered with independent award-winning breweries including Purity and Tiny Rebel to offer the option to add craft beer to your pizza kit.
The pizza dough itself is made from natural ingredients only, using the finest ’00’ flour, nutrient rich wheat germ, extra virgin olive oil, rapeseed oil, with tiny amounts of sea salt and yeast. Fermented for up to 72 hours, the result is light, digestible and plain yummy.
Like many in the hospitality industry, Birtelli’s pivoted their business model during lockdown to offer pizza kits alongside their popular takeaway menu, delivering the kits to local residents, and even supplying entire teams of remote workers and virtual events. As the kits proved to be a huge success throughout Warwickshire and the Cotswolds, they are excited to now be able to offer next day delivery to the whole of the UK.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Select your pizza kit and order online at birtellis.co.uk for next day or named day delivery.
- Choose between a pre-made half-baked base (suitable for normal domestic ovens), gluten-free base, or a fresh dough ball that can be hand-stretched at home and used in a pizza oven.
- Choose your toppings. Each kit includes everything you need to create a Birtelli’s pizza at home, including your choice of base, Birtelli’s tomato sauce, 100% British Mozzarella and your choice of gourmet toppings.
- Add craft beer to your order, should you wish.
- Your fresh pizza kit is delivered to your door in eco-friendly packaging.
- Check out the making and baking instructions.
- Assemble your pizza, bake, and enjoy fresh from the oven.
96% of Birtelli’s packaging is plastic free, and everything they deliver can be eaten, reused, recycled or composted. They continue to nibble away at the remaining 4% to reach their sustainability goals.
2 Pizza Kit – £16.99
3 Pizza Kit – £23.99
4 Pizza Kit – £29.99
Next Day or Selected Day Delivery – £3.99
Birtelli’s is an independent stone baked pizza delivery start-up, passionate about crafting artisan pizza made from the finest natural and award winning ingredients. Based in Royal Leamington Spa, it has been established by two entrepreneurial brothers from Warwickshire, supported by one of the UK’s finest, up and coming chefs, Paul Foster.