Employment services company moves to bigger office premises in Redditch

John Truslove Seetec

Seetec Pluss is set to support over 11,000 people into sustainable employment under the new Restart Scheme over the next four years at a new Redditch site, thanks to commercial property agents John Truslove.

Redditch is one of four main sites where the teams will be offering their support. The Redditch office currently houses seven fulltime staff with plans to increase its staff to a capacity of 14.

Ben Truslove, joint managing director of John Truslove, sealed the deal for Seetec Pluss to take 1,852 sq ft of office space in Suite 12 of the prominent six-storey Grosvenor House, on Prospect Hill in Redditch.

Seetec Pluss has moved from The Business Centre in Redditch because it needed more space to run the Restart Scheme, which is funded by the Department for Work and Pensions and supports benefit claimants who have been out of work for at least 12 months to find jobs in their local area.

Aesha Ali, the area manager of Seetec Pluss, explained they were running the Restart Scheme across Worcestershire in a contract for Serco.

She said: “Seetec Pluss is aiming to help up to 11,000 people on the Restart Scheme over the next four years, with 65% of those expected to find sustainable employment.

“We needed bigger premises to deliver the Restart Scheme, so we can hosts one-to-one meeting, group training and job search session for our  participants and were pleased to find space at Grosvenor House, where we expect to grow our current staff from seven to 14 during the next four years.

“Although that will be our base, we will also be working out in the community to make sure that people of all backgrounds who face a wide range of obstacles are able to take part.

“While we expect around 65 per cent of those taking part to find work, we will be offering training, and health and well-being sessions, for the other 35 per cent to increase the quality of their life chances.”

Grosvenor House currently houses 15 tenants, ranging from travel agents to software specialists and training companies. The landlord is Loxton Developments Ltd, which owns a total of eight office blocks, including three in Redditch.

Mark Roberts, owner and managing director of Loxton Developments, said: “This is the most prestigious office block in Redditch town centre, and we’re pleased to welcome Seetec Pluss into their suite.”

Ben Truslove, joint managing director at John Truslove, arranged a five-year lease with Seetec Pluss on behalf of the landlord.

Wright Hassall in Leamington Spa provided legal advice on the deal for the landlord.