The White Lion, in the centre of Upton upon Severn, offers 13 en-suite rooms together with top-quality dining.
The Grade-II listed former coaching inn has been under the ownership of Jon and Chris Lear, who recently retired, since 1997. The new tenant landlords are Michelle and Michael McClusky.
It is the 19th pub in the brewery’s estate, which spans from Castle Eaton on the Swindon border in the south to The New Inn at Broadway to the north.
The family firm has been brewing real ale from a 13th-century watermill in Stow on the Wold, dubbed The Fairest Brewery In All The Land, since 1865. The mill wheel is still used to drive pumps and machinery to brew the beer.