Now in their eighth year, the awards have established a solid reputation within the North Oxfordshire business community for showcasing and celebrating the achievements of individuals and organisations working within the Cherwell District.
Speakers included Catherine Rohll, Commercial Director at Norbar Torque Tools, as well as Cllr Lynn Pratt from Cherwell District Council; this year’s Headline Sponsor.
Paula Pym, of Bicester-based Paula Jane Boutique shared her story of being named a finalist in the 2017 awards and the benefits she has achieved personally as well as her business.
Sarah Jaycock of High Spec Composites was last years winner and this year’s sponsor of the small business award.
Together, with the High Spec Composites Small Business Award, the 2019 award categories include:
- The Oxford Innovation – Innovation Award
- The Spratt Endicott Solicitors – Established Business Award
- The Ellacotts –Business Person of the Year Award
- The Oxford Technology Park – New Business Award
- The OJI Marketing – Charity and Community Award
- The Bicester Vision, Bicester Chamber and Wednesday Business Club – Micro Business Award
- The A2Dominion – Sustainable Business Award
- Bicester Village – Retail Award
- The Apprenticeship and Training Company – Apprenticeship and Training Award
- The High Spec Composites – Small Business Award
Plus, the coveted Norbar Overall Cherwell Winner, selected from the finalists of all ten categories.
Placi Espejo, one of the four directors of the Cherwell Business Awards, said: “The awards have grown exponentially since their inception in 2011 in both the number of entries and gravitas an award win means. The awards are here to discover and highlight the best and brightest businesses across the Cherwell District – Banbury, Bicester, Kidlington and the surrounds. As well as, provide an environment to create new connections and a platform for growth and development. The nomination and application process are simple and free through our website: www.cherwellbusinessawards.co.uk and the potential benefits of being a winner could be invaluable for you and your business.”
The deadline for nominations is 6 January 2019 and the application deadline is the 31 January 2019. During February and March 2019 all applications will be assessed and judged, with the finalists announced by 29 March 2019. Winners will be announced at the prestigious Awards Gala Dinner to be held at Heythrop Park on 10 May 2019.