Free Support for start-ups and anyone with a business idea in Gloucestershire is available from a University of Gloucestershire project called Start and Grow Enterprise (SaGE). With funding from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), SaGE aims to create a thriving community of entrepreneurs and start-ups in the county, who can share skills, expertise and grow together.
The project is open to Gloucestershire-based entrepreneurs and start-ups (trading up to 3 years) and is completely FREE! Activities include inspiring start-up events, two-day intensive courses on how to grow your business, and a series of masterclasses covering key topics for businesses looking to scale up. In addition, SaGE offers informal networking events, expert business advice, mentoring support, useful resources, co-working space and potential incubation space.
Participants who are registered businesses or sole-traders will also have the chance to apply for one of a limited number of Enterprise Vouchers (a reimbursed grant) worth £1,000 to spend on almost anything to help their business grow!
Although SaGE is open to all, the project aims to provide focused support for underrepresented groups in Gloucestershire, helping to stimulate latent entrepreneurial spirit. These include women in business, young people, career changers, older people, and ethnic minority groups. SaGE is also supporting Social Enterprises to work more closely with businesses, as well as working to connect those starting-up in the cyber and digital sectors. Collaborating with partners and organisations across the county, SaGE will offer distinct events and networks for these priority groups, enterprises and sectors during the life of the project (until December 2019).
What the free SaGE programme offers:
- 12 hours of free training. Five Steps masterclass sessions covering: Business Strategy, Finance & Access to Funding, Legal Requirements, Leadership & HR, and Marketing & Sales.
- Publicity for your business through SaGE marketing, networking and online directory
- Free mentoring and ongoing support and advice from business and industry experts who have been where you are now
- Free, online practical tools for your business, including document templates, checklists, policy documents etc
- Access to free co-working space at the Growth Hub Gloucester
- Free networking events with a community of entrepreneurs and start-ups in the county that support each other, share skills, and grow together
- Opportunity to apply for a free Enterprise grant of £1,000 (Conditions apply and is based on completion of the free 12-hour masterclass training programme)
Start and Grow Enterprise (SaGE) is based at The Growth Hub in Gloucester – a fantastic resource for SMEs in Gloucestershire.
To find out more and sign up, visit www.startandgrowenterprise.uk / call 01242 715400