THIS ROLE HAS NOW BEEN FILLED.
An exciting new role has arisen for a Marketing Executive with NK Media Ltd and Business & Innovation Magazine, working in a fast-paced B2B publishing environment.
Job Title: Marketing Executive, with the option to progress to Marketing Manager
Reporting to: Managing Director
Hours: Full time Position – 09:00 to 17:30, Monday to Friday
Summary of role:
NK Media Ltd is the publisher of Business and Innovation Magazine, an established and sector-leading print and digital business communication.
NK Media has successfully emerged from the pandemic lockdown period with an aggressive business plan to grow the company, under the leadership of a new Managing Director.
A key purpose of this role is to allow the Editor-in-Chief and Commercial Director to focus on their core activities, while minimising their role in business operations, marketing and administration. The Managing Director will be accountable for the overall success of the business and this will drive a focus on process, performance, measurement, reporting and adaptability across the business.
The world of publishing is fast-paced and driven by immovable deadlines. The ability to work well in a team where all contributed ideas are welcomed is essential, as is accuracy and good humour.
Those demonstrating the traits of a “Completer Finisher” are likely to be most suited to this role. While the pressures can be relentless at times during the publishing cycle, the sense of achievement and camaraderie in achieving a shared objective (producing a superb publication six times a year and delivering regular, profitable and enjoyable business events), is unrivalled.
This role will be broad ranging and will demand the ability to respond creatively, flexibly and immediately to changing business circumstances.
• Conjure multi-channel social media content, campaign and engagement initiatives that support business objectives. Ensure ROI is at the forefront of decision making and display objective measurement of progress and achievements.
• Create and administer the regular Business and Innovation Magazine e-newsletter. This will require developing a journalistic feel for storytelling and the ability to rapidly precis source material.
• Support the curation of the Business and Innovation Magazine website content, so that it is always topical and engaging.
• A data and CRM project will commence in Summer 2021. Prioritise the accurate collection, collation and cleansing of customer data, so that it can be transformed into insight and information.
• NK Media will once again run several events from Q4 2021, varying in size, audience and format. The Marketing Executive will be responsible, “soup to nuts,” for the successful administration and delivery of these events.
• Conduct research on behalf of the Editor-in-Chief, as directed, developing a broad understanding and awareness of what is required to create amazing content.
• Spark new marketing ideas and initiatives that contribute to NK Media meeting its business objectives
• Carry out additional administrative duties, as directed. In due course, this may include month end invoicing.
Professional Experience, Acumen and Skills:
• A marketing junkie with an insatiable appetite for the subject and an unquenchable desire to learn and absorb all things marketing. For example, unlikely to be able to pass through a shopping arcade without finding twenty new marketing ideas in under one hour.
• A service zealot, with a single-minded view of the importance of the customer to business success.
• An impressively strong knowledge of digital marketing, in all its guises.
• Above average vocabulary.
• Skilled exponent of expectation management, combined with a supreme attention to detail and intolerance of late, inaccurate or incomplete delivery.
• A ferocious appetite for work and an ability to multi-task.
• The ability to interact confidently and constructively with people at all levels, internally and externally, technical and non-technical and able to effectively operate, persuade and influence at the most senior level.
• Supremely tactically aware and able to deploy a considered, balanced, rounded, measured and astute approach to challenging situations that may arise.
• Commercially literate, with a basic working knowledge of the importance of profitability and cashflow management.
• A confident self-starter, with the capacity to operate under pressure and in a deadline sensitive environment, under minimal supervision.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
• A degree level qualification, or equivalent in Marketing or Business Administration is highly desirable.
• A professional marketing or business qualification/accreditation, for example CIM, would be an advantage.
• English Language to A level standard is essential.
• A minimum of 1 years’ experience in a similar marketing role – ideally in the publishing sector.
In order to be effective, this role is likely to require regular out of hours working, plus some UK business travel. A full UK driving licence is therefore advantageous.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and a short note describing why you will be the perfect fit for our business to Kirsty Muir, firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 14 days. – Strictly no agencies please.